2014 – Dream Team’s New Year’s Day summit
Eleven people from seven different countries conquered Mount Kilimanjaro on New Year’s Day of 2014 to become “The Dream Team”. This great video covers their seven day Machame Route climb with the Superior Package of ClimbingKlimanjaro.com. Witness their trek, emotions and success, as well as the service provided by ClimbingKilimanjaro.com.
Exceptional Kilimanjaro climb success rate and experienced staff
Climbing Kilimanjaro has more than 20 years of experience in leading hikers towards the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro. Our experienced guides have a proud summit success rate of between 96% – 98% and have safely guided more than 15 000 clients to the top of the mountain. The majority of our professional Tour Consultants have made successful summit attempts and are therefore in a position to provide you with in depth advice and first-hand knowledge of the mountain. Essential advice on how to climb Kilimanjaro, as well as details regarding the level of difficulty and the duration of a Kilimanjaro climb, is covered in detail on this website. We are flexible in providing unique and tailor-made Kilimanjaro itineraries to suit individual preferences and requirements, such as hotel bookings, meet and assist at the airport, airport transfers to and from the relevant hotel, as well as many exciting travel extensions to the surrounding game parks and/or the magical island of Zanzibar.
Why choose ClimbingKilimanjaro.com
Unbeatable Kilimanjaro summit track record
- Since 1994, ClimbingKilimanjaro has been fore runner in operating Kilimanjaro tours. We have a proud and unbeatable track record of more than 15,000 safe and successful summit attempts.
- The specialised experience of ClimbingKilimanjaro puts us, as a tour operator, in a unique position to offer the most professional support, guidance, information and motivation to realise this proverbial “bucket-list” dream.
- ClimbingKilimanjaro can provide references from previous successful and satisfied clients – on request. Visitors are also welcome to visit our Testimonials & Summit Gallery pages
ClimbingKilimanjaro tour consultants
- The majority of our sales team members have successfully summited Mt. Kilimanjaro and are therefore able to assist interested parties with first-hand knowledge and advice.
- ClimbingKilimanjaro can arrange every detail, for any preference or requirement: Flights (ex South Africa, only), bookings, park fees, transfers, accommodation, guides, porters, food, camping equipment and recommended gear – thus leaving climbers free to enjoy the climb.
- On booking with ClimbingKilimanjaro, a prompt and efficient after-sales service is guaranteed – answering any questions or in providing additional information and advice required.
- ClimbingKilimanjaro will gladly assist and advise in choosing the most suitable route for your trek.
Climbing Kilimanjaro website
- ClimbingKilimanjaro is one of the most comprehensive manuals available on the internet, and is sure to answer the majority of questions that interested parties might have.
Real-Time Tracking Service (superior packages only)
- ClimbingKilimanjaro is the only operator that offers real-time tracking to hikers on Mount Kilimanjaro. This unique service will allow family and friends to track the live progress of their loved ones, as they hike to the summit of Kilimanjaro, subject to availability, pre-booking and at a small supplementary fee.
PowerPoint presentations (free of charge)
- On request, ClimbingKilimanjaro will e-mail an informative PowerPoint presentation (of 4MB) on either the Machame or the Lemosho routes.
Complete and comprehensive Kilimanjaro climb information package
- On booking with ClimbingKilimanjaro, clients will receive our unique Climbing Kilimanjaro Information Pack that contains the following information:
- Altitude sickness guide: ClimbingKilimanjaro is committed to safe climbing practices and as a result climbers are provided with an elaborate manual on the prevention and management of altitude sickness while on the mountain.
- Comprehensive gear list: ClimbingKilimanjaro offers climbers a detailed document with images that details reasons for recommending certain gear, as well as helpful buying guidelines.
- Fitness program: To increase climbers’ chances of a successful summit attempt, ClimbingKilimanjaro has developed a tailor-made fitness program.
- Also included in the information package is a route map, essential information for the anticipated climb, tips for success, nutrition advice during the hike, as well as general travel and language tips.
- The ClimingKilimanjaro Information Pack was designed to promote success and safety, and is the result of years’ dedication, specialised experience, and commitment to excellence.
Guides and porters
- ClimbingKilimanjaro only utilises highly trained and registered guides, with several years of experience, to lead a mountain support team that are properly equipped to look after climbers on the mountain.
- All of the ClimbingKilimanjaro package options includes the services of one porter per hiker, who will carry the client’s duffel bag (max. 15kg) from one camp to the next.
- The above average staff ratio of the ClimbingKilimanjaro Moutain Support Team to climber is: 2 Porters per climber and 2 guides for a maximum of 4 hikers – a very favourable ratio to directly enhance safety and enjoyment on the mountain.
Safety on the mountain
- ClimbingKilimanjaro packages includes portable emergency Oxygen supplies (for emergency use only) with all hikes
- ClimbingKilimanjaro supplies an important medical first aid kit (for emergency use only), with every booking, with both the Standard and Superior packages.
- All of our chief guides carry a pulse Oxi-meter (a small device that clips onto ones finger to measure oxygen levels in the blood – a hiker who is struggling to acclimatise to higher altitudes will normally have a lower blood-oxygen reading)
- All of the ClimbingKilimanjaro packages include Kilimanjaro Rescue Team (managed by KINAPA) fees
- ClimbingKilimanjaro can offer extended itineraries for highly recommended extra acclimatisation on the mountain – it is even possible to extend the duration of a hike in progress, while on the mountain (subject to additional costs and availability).
Kilimanjaro packages to suit individual budgets
Interested parties can consider the option to join any of our existing bookings as detailed on the Kilimanjaro Climb Dates schedule.
Flexible starting dates
- All of our packages are very flexible and we will gladly schedule a new hike to suit any calendar preference – available irrespective of the number of people.
- During unforeseen circumstances and on request, ClimbingKilimanjaro is also flexible in changing hike dates (subject to availability, reasonable notice period and route chosen).
Private Kilimanjaro hikes
- Climbers have the option to book a private hike at no additional cost – terms and conditions available on request.
Unique cancellation policy
- ClimbingKilimanjaro has a unique cancellation policy: If climbers are forced to cancel participation in a booked hike, due to work or medical related reasons, and notice is given within a reasonable timeframe, ClimbingKilimanjaro will gladly allow the climber(s) a ten month period (starting from the date of the cancellation) to reschedule the hike (climbers could be held liable for any possible cancellation fees and / or price increases).
Climb Kilimanjaro equipment purchases and rental
- ClimbingKilimanjaro has quality mountain equipment available for hiring – including sleeping bags, hiking poles, jackets, gaiters, etc.
Safari and Zanzibar add-ons
- Extend a Kilimanjaro tour by tracking Gorillas and/or Chimpanzees in Rwanda or Uganda. Please make sure to contact PrimateEncounters for more information in this regard, or visit the relevant website: www.PrimateEncounters.com
- Extend a Kilimanjaro excursion with a wildlife safari at one of the iconic National Parks in Tanzania – such as the well-known Serengeti National Park and the infamous Ngorongoro Crater. Please make sure to contact TanzaniaWildlifeSafaris for more information in this regard, or visit the relevant website: www.TanzaniaWildlifeSafaris.com
Climbers could also consider some recuperation by means of lazing on a tropical beach in Zanzibar.