OUR NEW X-TREME ROUTE TRACKER!!
UNIQUE LIVE TRACKING OF KILIMANJARO CLIMBERS
REAL-TIME TRACKING SERVICE (exclusively to ClimbingKilimanjaro.com clients)
ClimbingKilimanjaro.com now offers the only real-time Live Tracking System to hikers on Mount Kilimanjaro. This unique service will allow family and friends to track the progress their loved ones - live - as they hike to the summit of Kilimanjaro.
X-TREME ROUTE TRACKER ADVANTAGES:
- The live tracking of groups via the web based tracking platform utilizing either PC or mobile technology
- The system displays Real-Time positions and speed
- It is possible to replay tracking recordings for any day of the tour (service available for up to 30 days after tour end)
- During any possible emergency, the position of the group can be determined immediately
Please note that this service is subject to the following conditions:
- Only available on certain routes
- Only available exclusively to ClimbingKilimanjaro.com clients
- Only available as part of our superior Standard Packages (subject to availability, advance booking and a supplementary cost)
LIVE POSITION UPDATES EVERY 30 SECONDS
Should you choose our X-TREME ROUTE TRACKER service, your group's progress and position on the mountain will be updated live every 30 seconds and can be viewed on a web based high resolution mapping interface.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
You will be sent an email with a summarized day to day tour itinerary and login details to our tracking website. This info may then be forward to family and friends, which will enable them to track, for the duration of your hike, your group's progress every 30 seconds - 24/7!
You will also have access to this info for a period of 30 days, after completion of your summit attempt - with our replay feature.
Please note this system is subject to network limitations and possible failures due to system upgrades, equipment failure or damage and power failures.
WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?
Replay of a section of a hike from the Machame camp to Shira camp.
Replay of a hike from Barafu camp to the summit Uhuru Peak and back