Leonardo Quezada (Australia) – Successful summit on the 10 June 2017
We made it
I wanted to personally thank the entire team that supported us during our amazing trip.
Firstly, thank you to you and the admin team for coordinating all of the trip details – from choosing the right route, to hotel transfers and everything in between. Everything that was discussed was provided as agreed.
As for the crew on the ground, John and his team exemplify client service and served as great ambassadors for Climbing Kilimanjaro as well as Tanzania itself.
Below are a few highlights from the trip that I would like to call out and hope you can pass on to the team in Moshi;
– Our lead guide – John – was very welcoming and together we referred to the whole crew as “family”, constantly sharing food etc as part of the team/family experience
– John’s customer focus was greatly appreciated. He constantly and consistently checked up on us after meals and treks to make sure we were ok.
– John certainly demonstrated his experience and focus on his climbing program based on our pace and perfected over 200 successful client summits
– The little things John did for us;
– Greeting us with song on long days as we entered our camp site
– Assisting us with our day packs on long days allowing us to walk the last hour or so into camp without one or in my dad’s case walk most of the trek without a day pack so he wouldn’t be burdened with the extra weight
– Clearly calling out daily activities so that there were never any surprises
– Adjusting the meals to accommodate Dad’s changing dietary requirements
…and a special shout of thanks go to John, Uzwen and our cook – the 3 of which were key to my dad and I successfully reaching the summit.
I am more than happy to repeat my compliments on the Climbing Kilimanjaro website, Facebook and Trip Advisor if that will help.
We had a wonderful trip.